Showing all 16 results
Cronotol 250mg Tablet (Disulfiram)$11 – $66 Select options
Acamprol 333mg Tablet (Acamprosate)$17 – $102 Select options
Topaz 25mg Tablet (Topiramate)$6 – $37 Select options
Firam 250mg Tablet (Disulfiram)$11 – $66 Select options
Esperal 250mg Tablet (Disulfiram)$12 – $74 Select options
Dizone 250mg Tablet (Disulfiram)$6 – $37 Select options
Vesigard 7.5mg Tablet (Darifenacin Xr)$25 – $149 Select options
Vesigard 15mg Tablet (Darifenacin Xr)$27 – $164 Select options
Topaz 50mg Tablet (Topiramate)$16 – $93 Select options
Topaz 200mg Tablet (Topiramate)$29 – $175 Select options
Topaz 100mg Tablet (Topiramate)$22 – $132 Select options
Topamac 50mg Tablet (Topiramate)$18 – $107 Select options
Topamac 25mg Tablet (Topiramate)$9 – $54 Select options
Topamac 100mg Tablet (Topiramate)$34 – $202 Select options
Darilong 15mg Tablet (Darifenacin Xr)$30 – $178 Select options
Acamptas 333mg Tablet (Acamprosate)$16 – $97 Select options
Showing all 16 results
What is Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation?
As defined, “Alcoholism is a condition when a person is addicted to long term alcohol consumption.” The person gets mentally and emotionally dependent on alcohol.
Alcoholism is a disorder caused due to regular drinking habits. One might not know that their daily habits are the steps to this disorder. The condition can be treated or controlled with the help of psychological and medication help. There can be many reasons for this condition.
Symptoms and signs of Alcohol & Drug
Symptoms include various physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
Symptoms due to excess alcohol consumption are:
- Blackouts, cravings, sweating, aggression, agitation, self-destruction, loneliness depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, and guilt.
- Vomiting, liver, and kidney damage.
- Coordination and decision-making issues.
Causes of Alcohol & Drug
- Peer pressure in college or workplace.
- The emotional feeling of dependency on alcohol.
- This ailment is also known to be genetically present in families.
- Assuming alcoholism is an escape or solution for problems.
- Lifestyle or living cultures where alcohol is acceptable at a young age.
Treatment of Alcohol & Drug
Counselling and Self Analysis
Psychological therapy leads the person into self-analysis and realization. In the initial stages, a person can make changes in lifestyle habits and thus cure alcoholism themselves.
Psychological and self-changes to cure alcoholism are useful only in the initial stages; however, if symptoms and habits are severe, must consult a doctor for medication. Many people think alcoholism treatment is just confessing in front of the counselors, but they are unaware of the drugs available in the market.
The significant drugs approved by the FDA for treating alcoholism are mentioned as follows.
Side Effects of Treatment
Since the drugs are heavy on the human system and are too consumed for long term for complete treatment, they have side effects on the person undergoing treatment.
The effects include – Eye pain, mood, and mental changes, yellow skin, and eyes, skin rashes, dark urine, unusual tiredness, decreased sexual ability in males, liver and kidney damage.
Prevention of Alcohol & Drug
- Avoid unhealthy drinking patterns.
- Educating and spreading awareness amongst the youth.
- As people enter older age groups, they tend to become ignorant about their health and may consume alcohol at higher levels. Also, after a certain age, the body stops its wear and tear mechanism, and thus, one needs to take care more in later years.
- One of the significant reasons for alcohol consumption amongst people is stress. Therefore, workspaces should themselves take care of their employees and conduct various campaigns and programs to reduce alcoholism in society.
Diagnosis of Alcohol & Drug
Diagnosis can be performed and understood by various physical and psychological methods:
- Questionnaire regarding the lifestyle of the patient by doctors, counselors, family, and friends.
- A physical exam is done to check fitness levels (for example, body weight) to check the physical fitness of the patient.
- Various biochemical lab tests and imaging tests explain abnormal functioning of enzymes, organs, hormones in the body.
- Psychological tests can be conducted to check if the person feels like being dependent on alcohol and consumes it frequently.
- DSM criteria.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Methods of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition is a set criterion by the American Psychiatric Association. It is a criterion referred for identifying a person having alcoholic symptoms in a certain period.