Viral care medication or antiviral drugs are a category of drugs which are given to patients to treat viral infection. Viral care medication either kills or prevents further growth of viruses in the body. Antiviral meds fight with crucial influenza virus, which is neuraminidase. The essential purpose of viral care medications is not to let the virus escape from one cell to another and infect neighboring healthy cells.
Symptoms and Signs
Some of the typical signs and symptoms of viral infection are:
- Congestion in the chest
- Runny rose
- Pain in the entire body
- Mild to severe headache
- Feeling week
There could be many reasons for viral infection. However, common flu is causing by a virus called rhinoviruses. In most cases, a cold virus infects a human body either through the nose, eyes or even through the mouth. Then the virus spreads throughout the airway causing the person to sneeze and cough. Viral infection can be contagious as well. Hand-to-hand contact with a patient already suffering from the viral infection can cause the virus to transfer.
Acivir DT for cold sores caused by herpes, chickenpox, and shingles.
For viral fever, people take Acetaminophen and ibuprofen.
- Acyclovir- Zovirax
- Famciclovir- Famvir
- Valacyclovir- Valtrex
Because the viral infection is not limited to flu, it is always better to get vaccines. This will keep a person away from flu, hepatitis B, A, herpes zoster, chickenpox, measles, and more. It is better not to share any personal hygiene products, for example, combs and towels. Also, ensure not to share utensils as well, for example, spoon and glass. Staying away from people who are already under viral attack is advisable too. Also, ensure to wash hands regularly.
Once the doctor suspects a viral infection, the doctor may ask for the following tests:
- Common viral infection for instance flu, chickenpox, measles, and rubella can be ruled out by symptoms
- For underlying viral infection, blood tests and cultures might be suggested to diagnose viral infection and give proper medication for the same.
Is the flu vaccine necessary?
– Yes, the flu vaccine is the best way to protect the human body from getting affected by a common viral infection. There are antiviral drugs for flu available in the pharmacies, but prevention is better than cure.
How can antiviral drugs help?
– Antiviral drugs restrict further movement of the virus and infecting the neighboring healthy cells. Viral drugs are prescribed by the doctor to cure the disease and lessen the symptoms of the viral infection. Doctors will prescribe a different medication for different viral infections.
Are there any side effects of antiviral drugs?
– Some anti-viral drugs can have some side effects, such as vomiting and nausea. These side effects are temporary. The medications prescribed by the physician will be FDA accepted.
What should be the duration of taking antiviral medication?
– The doctor might advise you a five days course for a common viral disease. The dosage for the medication is, in general, two times a day. Duration of the antiviral drugs depends on the severity of the complication.